Skip to main content

My First Day At The Doggie Parlour

There I was in the car, very excited to be spending another day on mom's lap, driving around and doing our 'thing'. Unbeknown to me, mom was actually on her way to take me to the doggie parlour.

When we got there, there were other doggies there too. They seemed very happy to see me, so I did not really expect much from it.

... untill mom picked me up and put me in the bathie. There I was ... getting all wet again. I really dont get why these humans keep on wetting me.



... after the shampoo, I got a layer of very expensive doggie conditioner (for my very expensive coat).



... once the kind lady finished bathing me, she put a nice warm towel around me and dried me a little. That felt really good.



Then I was combed, and dried with the hair dryer. The kind lady very gently removed all my knots in my coat, and combed me up like a furrball.



Even I got a shock when i had a glimps of myself in the mirror. I thought I'd turned into a poodle or something.



I cant wait to roll around in the nearest dirt again.



There I was, squeecky clean and ready to run and run and run and run and run and run and run...
  • Nice Colours (without having any hair ripped out of my body)
  • Healthy coat (without having any hair ripped out of my body)
  • No knots or clumps (without having any hair ripped out of my body)
  • No Pain! (because no hair was ripped out of my body)
Making use of The Stripping Method was not neccesary at all.

The Groomer:
BARKS & BUBBLES DOGGIE PARLOUR
Sharon Peirce,
4 Naguil Close, D'Urbanvale, Cape Town
sharon.butler@telkomsa.net
021 979 5660

Moms Rating on the above Parlour and my Groomer:
Sharon treated Norman with love and care. Not once did I see him get water / soap in his eyes or ears or nose. She never hurt him once. This was one of the nicest parlours I have seen. I would highly recommend making use of her services. Sharon also does not agree on the cruel method known as Stripping The Wire Fox Terrier.

Read more about the cruelty of Stripping a Wire Fox Terrier here.

Comments

Hey Norman, you look very clean and smart! J x
Casper and pals said…
WTG to your mommy Norman!!!! We say keep up the fight against stripping!! At 1st we thought stripping had to do with taking off the so- called "doggie clothes" (which we generally agree with except on dogs with no/limited hair in very cold climates). Then we were aghast to read on your blog that your breed has people pulling out your hair!!! OMD !!! Oh, thank the DOG up above that noone has decided that it would "help" an eskie's coat to have that done!!! We say gentle combing and clipping in a painless way is the best. What is wrong with those people?? And these are breeders and groomers who are supposed to love you cute little guys?? We just don't get it!! Hooray for your mommy for standing up for what she believes!!!

Woofs, Casper
Thanks Casper!

When speaking to my hairdresser the other day, she also mentioned that pulling the hair from the roots damages the hair follicles beyond repair...

yet another reason why Stripping them from their hair is not healthy for their coats.

much love,
Normans Mom
xxx
Daniella said…
Hi Norman,
So happy to see that your Mom and Dad helped Rambo. How is he doing, he is a sweetie. I'm sure he'll be ok on 3 legs, dogs can cope with most things.
You look very spiffy after your bath. Did you just have a wash though? I saw no scissors or clippers. I had a terrible haircut...mom is furious...I know your mom is against stripping but we do a combo strip/clip/scissor and it doesn't hurt at all. And usually I look handsome after...this time I was shaved and it's horrible, horrible.
Asta said…
Normie
I bet you smell delicious..you look gweat..I'm glad they tweated you so well
smoochie kisses
Asta
Thanks, if I must say so, I think so too. Im not too happy about the smell, I prefer sandy and muddy smells.

The lady clipped my fluffy hairs on my body, but Mom sed she must not cut too much, cawse its still a bit too cold here in Cape Town for now. she also clipped the hairs on my legs a bit to get rid of the clumps and knots.

Rambo is doing gweat, and hopefully we will be fetching him at the doggie hospital on Monday.

wirey hugs and snuggles
Normie
xxx
William Tell said…
What a nice place to get groomed! Sure looks clean and tidy, and you look spiffy after your new 'do.

Don't know much about stripping. Mom clips us because of her arthritis and that's the easiest on all of us. In a half hour, I look like a new dog!

~ William Tell

Popular posts from this blog

Doggie Outpost

Us fox terriers are very nozy pooches and we absolutely luuuuuurve to stare out the window. Its getting cold and rainy here now, so being able to play outside is not always an option any more. Our bed has now moved to right next to the window. This is where we can have a good look at Garfield the pursian cat next door, and possibly any other exciting furry creatures that happen to pass by our window. Woof woof... how awesome!

My First Post

Hi everyone, my name is Norman, but my family say Normie. Personally I think I prefer Norman, it sounds better. "Norman , here Norman!" hmm, yes Im not too sure about this Normie business. I was born yesterday. My mom and dad took me out of the tummy of this really big monster bird. I came in a small wooden thing, together with my teddie. They said they just loved the way I smelt. They said I smelt like baby powder. So I said, but I am a baby! Anyway, we got into another big monster thing, and moved really fast past many other montster things for a long time. They don't scare me any more, but they did in the beginning. We stopped somewhere and I did my first poop on a grass patch somewhere in a place called Parow. That was really nice of them, cause I was 'dying to go' if you know what I mean. Soon we were moving fast again, untill we reached what I now know as home. I was exhausted from all the travelling, but they introduced me to my new granny (Boogie a Xsometh