Skip to main content

My trip to see the Flowers in Langebaan

Hello everyone! Guess where we went today!? You gotta believe it...



... to see the flowers in Langebaan. Jippeee!



The west coast of Southern Africa becomes a floral paradise towards the end of our South African winter. Doggies from all over the world come here for endless sniffing and playing.



There are so many flowers this time of year, we dont know where to sniff.



Boogie and I were not too sure where to start sniffing.










There are also lots of mousie holes around here...



eh... just a mo, I think I found something here.



Lets go to the water Boogie?





The Langebaan lagoon is declared a nature sanctury. Mom sez this is where she comes often during the windy summers. I look forward to coming back here then.



That seagul swims way faster than we thought :-(



"Not to worry, Normie. You will be able to chase many more in time to come, believe me"








After a long hard day of sniffing, swimming and playing, we eventually get back into the car and take the hour drive back to Cape Town.



So much action in one day justifies a nice long nap in the car on the way home.



What a day! I cant wait to come back here again. Please come visit me if you ever come this way.

Lots of wuv
Normie
xxx

Comments

jaffeboy said…
Oh Norman, U R such a cutie! I'm glad you had fun on your day out!
Comet said…
That field of flowers looks like a lot of fun to run around in and sniff. Just be careful that you don't get a bee up your nose while sniffing.
Daniella said…
What magnificent photos!! Beautiful! How come your smooth sibling stayed home???
Sharkie went for a run in the forest with Carlo who went Mountain biking with some friends.

Sharkie sez a Bee is a Chilly Bug. Im not sure why, but I will believe Shark for now...

Normie
xxx
Kapp pack said…
Wow, those are beautiful pictures. YOu are so lucky to live near the beach.

-Kelsey Ann
Oh my goodness, that looks fabulous!! And you were allowed in!!!Here they would NEVER let a dog in!! You are sooooooo lucky!!!!!And you look like you are having so much fun!!!!! But the best part is that they let you drive!!!!! WOW!!!!!! Love A+A
Anonymous said…
These flowers grow totally wild for hundreds of kilometers along our west coast at a certain time of year. They are everywhere. There is not specific spot where they grow. From Cape Town all the way up the west coast as far as they eye can see. Its a spectacular sight. People come from all over the world to photograph it too.
William Tell said…
Beautiful photos!!! I can almost smell the flowers and beach!!!

William Tell
Koobuss said…
Hi Norman,

I love your beach pictures and the pictures of you running through the flowers. What a beautiful place!

No wonder you were so tired.

You are adorable, Normie.

Lots of Koobuss Kisses,
Koobie
Yo Norm...you have the most beautiful pix on the web. It looks like paradise! Foxy greetings to you from Scruffy and Lacie...well, Lakie greetings from her. Come and play in our blog; we'd love to have you! Terriers dig! Happy barks!
Scruffy and Lacie
Hey Norman, what beautiful photos! J x
Asta said…
Normie
What a magnificent place, you awe such a lucky puppy. I love the two of you womping and having such a gweat time..you look so happy!
I think you live in pawadise
smoochie kisses
Asta
such a beutiful scenery with those lovely flowers..

i bet they taste great...i love 2 eat flowers
Anonymous said…
the cuttest dog really. no leash out? I am not sure if I would do that with my fox.

Popular posts from this blog

Doggie Outpost

Us fox terriers are very nozy pooches and we absolutely luuuuuurve to stare out the window. Its getting cold and rainy here now, so being able to play outside is not always an option any more. Our bed has now moved to right next to the window. This is where we can have a good look at Garfield the pursian cat next door, and possibly any other exciting furry creatures that happen to pass by our window. Woof woof... how awesome!

My First Post

Hi everyone, my name is Norman, but my family say Normie. Personally I think I prefer Norman, it sounds better. "Norman , here Norman!" hmm, yes Im not too sure about this Normie business. I was born yesterday. My mom and dad took me out of the tummy of this really big monster bird. I came in a small wooden thing, together with my teddie. They said they just loved the way I smelt. They said I smelt like baby powder. So I said, but I am a baby! Anyway, we got into another big monster thing, and moved really fast past many other montster things for a long time. They don't scare me any more, but they did in the beginning. We stopped somewhere and I did my first poop on a grass patch somewhere in a place called Parow. That was really nice of them, cause I was 'dying to go' if you know what I mean. Soon we were moving fast again, untill we reached what I now know as home. I was exhausted from all the travelling, but they introduced me to my new granny (Boogie a Xsometh