Skip to main content

Meet Rambo

Last night we met Rambo for the first time. He is still not feeling too well, but mom sez he will be feeling better soon.



Rambo (a 6 month old Boxer cross) was hit by a car and was lying in the middle of the road, so mom and dad stopped to move him out of the way. This was when mom saw he was still alive, so she picked the injured doggie up and they rushed him to the nearest doggie hospital. Unfortunately his front leggie was just too damaged and this had to be amputated. These pictures are of us all investigating and meeting Rambo for the first time.



Boogie sez she thinks Rambo is similar to what her dad looked like... Boogie seems to like Rambo.



Sharkie is not too sure where Rambo's other leg is, but Im sure she will figure it out soon.



We promise to look after Rambo as best as we can.



Mom sez we are just looking after Rambo untill he is stronger, and untill we can find him a good home.



UPDATE ON RAMBO's PROGRESS: 18 July 2007

On Sunday 15 July we had to rush Rambo back to the vet, because his wound opened up a little, but a lot of yukkie stuff was coming out. He has been there ever since. He is on strong antibiotics and they have put a drain in for better drainage of the dead tissue. He is doing well and the Vet contacts us every day keeping us updated on his progress.

He is a strong boy and we hope to have him out of the doggie hospital soon.

UPDATE ON RAMBO's PROGRESS: 28 July 2007

Rambo is still in the hospital and the vet is still not too comfortable releasing him. There is nothing we can do but wait in anticipation. Please pray for Rambo to get better soon.

UPDATE ON RAMBO's PROGRESS: 31 July 2007

Rambo is back home http://norman-doggie.blogspot.com/2007/07/welcome-back-rambo.html

We are looking for a willing owner. Please email me if you live in Cape Town and are willing to take on this very loving animal that so dearly now needs a good home. Thank you.

Comments

Juno said…
Hello & nice to meet you, Norman. I found you on DWB and wanted to come here and say HELLO!

I am glad that your mom and dad rescued this poor doggie Rambo. My heart was broken when I saw his photo. i really hope Rambo's speedy recovery!

Momo xoxo
Poor Rambo :-(

I am so glad your mum and dad helped him - I hope that he will feel better soon. What a sad story :-(

Love
Opy
Anonymous said…
Poor Rambo - that is just so sad. Well done Mom & dad!!!
Jenny
Asta said…
Hi Normie
Thank dogness that your Mommi is the one who found sweet little Rambo..wha t a horrific ordeal for a pup to go through..it bweaks my heawt to see the hurt in his eyes..I cwoss my paws for his wecovery, and send you and him and yourMommi many smoochie kisses
Asta
Anonymous said…
hi its great too read about you love ernie the patterdadle terrier nottingham UK
Mirkawolf said…
Hi, I fell on this blog totally randomly, seeing Rambo´s pic on Google. I am very sorry for this poor pup, and at the same time happy for your parents, that they saved him. There´s so many people today, that would just walk away carelessly!
I can´t give Rambo a new home, but I do wish that he finds a good one soon. Good luck!
Hello Mirka!
thank you for coming to visit us on my blog. Sadly only the memories of little Rambo now remain, as he passed away a short while ago

you can read more about his life and see pics of his happy days here:

http://norman-doggie.blogspot.com/search/label/Rambo

Lots of love
Normie
xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Doggie Outpost

Us fox terriers are very nozy pooches and we absolutely luuuuuurve to stare out the window. Its getting cold and rainy here now, so being able to play outside is not always an option any more. Our bed has now moved to right next to the window. This is where we can have a good look at Garfield the pursian cat next door, and possibly any other exciting furry creatures that happen to pass by our window. Woof woof... how awesome!

My First Post

Hi everyone, my name is Norman, but my family say Normie. Personally I think I prefer Norman, it sounds better. "Norman , here Norman!" hmm, yes Im not too sure about this Normie business. I was born yesterday. My mom and dad took me out of the tummy of this really big monster bird. I came in a small wooden thing, together with my teddie. They said they just loved the way I smelt. They said I smelt like baby powder. So I said, but I am a baby! Anyway, we got into another big monster thing, and moved really fast past many other montster things for a long time. They don't scare me any more, but they did in the beginning. We stopped somewhere and I did my first poop on a grass patch somewhere in a place called Parow. That was really nice of them, cause I was 'dying to go' if you know what I mean. Soon we were moving fast again, untill we reached what I now know as home. I was exhausted from all the travelling, but they introduced me to my new granny (Boogie a Xsometh