Skip to main content

My favourite hang out spots (inside the house)

Hi there,

These are my favourite places at which I enjoy hanging out at in the house (when mom is home).

When mom has a bath, I get to sit on the edge of the bath and chill out like humans do in steam rooms.
The Bath


A really good spot for me to hand out is in the window whilst mom is havin' a shower. I normally jump onto the back of the loo and then with a well balanced leap myself onto the windowsill.

The Shower (-window)


This is what it looks like from outside ...



Whilst mom is eating, I like to sit squashed up behind mom on the chair. And if she sits there for long, I sometimes fall asleep on the chair behind her too.

On the Chair




Watching TV will make me very sleepy...

TV


My head does not fit on the chair, and it often falls off when I am sleeping on it. Mom sez she feels sorry for me and holds my head up like a nice pillow! I think she is messing with me here!

The Study


Boogie's bed is the good for daytime cuddles. This is me and boogie takin a nap on her bed.

Boogie's Bed



Sometimes late at night, when mom is working, I like to sit on her lap and chat to her.

On Moms lap


Bedtime is playtime. This is my Rogz Doggie that I love playing with before I go to bed. He's been patched up a few times, but he's a tough one. I dont like sleeping without my teddie!

Bed time


I have also been very sick lately and I still get lots of seizures. This is me at the doctor last week.

hmmm... the doctor :(




Im ok now again, but mom has to keep a close eye on me all the time now.

The couch


Thanks for reading my blog!

Lots of love
Normie
xxx

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good to have a blog entry from you again Norman as you are the only wire I know in my home country! Your fave spots are also similar to Ax's fave spots, like behind my chair when I eat!
I am very sorry to hear about your seizures, that must be scary for you and your family, I hope they are under control. Maybe you can get a seizure doggie who can predict your seizures? :-)

My mom is going home to SA in 2 weeks for 3 weeks and is actually going to be visiting Cape Town but only for 3 days. She says she will look out for you...she will be in the De Waterkant area, is that close to you?

Axel (logged in as my Dad)
Anonymous said…
Hi Norman,

it's good to hear from you again! My mom tried to persuade dad to move to Cape Town just to see if you're allright. :-)

Me and my family hope that you will have less seizures in the future. A seizure doggie is a good idea! :D

Woof-woof!

Böbe
Anonymous said…
Hey, jaaaa a seizure doggie is a great idea... gonna have to find one for me. that should help a little :-)

you are always welcome to let me know if you are in my hometown. I would love to meet up with you. just give my mom a shout and she will arrange for us to meet up +27 82 417 1698.

ciao for now,
Normie xxx
Southbaygirl said…
Norman, Mom and I were wondering how you were and where you were! We're glad you are back!!!

Mom and I liked your favorite spots!!

Velcro
Asta said…
Hi Normie
sowwy I haven't visited fow a long time..I'm sowwy to heaw about youw seizoowes..I hope they can be contwooled and you'll be fine..you awe such a cootie pie
smoochie kisses
ASTA
nn said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
nn said…
Wow, Norman, we saw your new photograph! You are the second cutest doggie in the world! :)

Woof!

Böbe
Poor Norman, so sorry to hear you're still having seizures. Love the photo of you on the chair behind your mum. J x

Popular posts from this blog

Stripping a WFT is Cruel !

A message from Norman's Mom: As many of you can see (and know) my love for Norman (and all animals in general) is alot. He's growing up now and its getting time for his first trim. I have investigated stripping and I want all WFT owners to understand how strong I feel about NOT STRIPPING him and why. (the pic below can be enlarged for a wallpaper on your pc or cell phone) Why do you STRIP your Wire Fox Terrier: because they say so because everyone else does it to their WFT because its healthy because it brings out the colour because thats what you are supposed to do well, I say all of the above is -to say the least- BS: because they say so: so many people own animals and do with them what the 'breed' guidelines require for them to do. There is absolutely no reason why you have to follow the breed guidelines when it comes to stripping your dog. I say : if the animal is in any way inconvenienced or discomforted, then what THEY SAY is wrong. Its 2007. Those rules ...

Wire Fox Terriers do not have to be stripped

Why do I insist on the following fact: Wire Fox Terriers DO NOT HAVE TO BE STRIPPED. Yes, you can strip them, its a nice feeling for them (sometimes, if the stripper knows what they are doing), but I firmly believe that there is no harm in clipping them. According to my opinion, the outcome of stripping vs clipping is the following: Stripping: The dog is ready for a dogshow. Clipping: The dog is not ready for a dogshow. What do I think of Dogshows? - The owner gets all the credit (Thats MY dog! ...which I PAID A LOT of money for) - A social status symbol. OK appologies, thats the nasty side of me coming out.) - However, being more realistic - If there were no dogshows (with dog breed rules), we would have a mass of nasty and or ugly dogs bred all over the place and no control over our precious varourite breeds. A endless Dog Breed War like in the 18th century. Luckily they dealt with all the fighting, now we just have to try and keep the dogs pure bred. My Conclusion: Dogs should be t...

RIP Normie Feb 2007 - Apr 2009

To all Normie's friends out there, It was a very difficult and sad decision that I made today. Normie's seizures have progressively worsened over the past few months and his recent episodes just did not want to end. He started seizuring at 17h30 on Tuesday 7 April 2009, and they got longer and every single time. I had him at the vet 3 times and then he stayed overnight again last night, but when he got home today, he was running into walls and looking strangely at his toys. It was obvious that the brain damage started and he continued his fits until I had him back at the doctor at 16h00 today. By recommendation from the doc and my own trauma of seeing all this, we decided it would be better to have him put to sleep. I will miss his love. I will miss his laughter. I will miss his wagging tale. I will miss his devoted love to me... he followed me every step that I made. The loo, the shower, the bath, the kitchen, the bedroom, even when i mowed the lawn... 100% devoted to ...